What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treat, the data obtained can be distinguish in two types:
• Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a our website or platforms.
• Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by Travelcars, but by another entity or partner that treats the data obtained through cookies.
Classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser:
• Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. Usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user only once (e.g. a list of products purchased).
• Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
• Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts restricted, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing or share content through social networks.
• Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some characteristics predefined based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as would be the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
• Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, application or platform and for profiling the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data usage made by the users of the service.
• Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
• Behavioral advertising cookies: store information on user behavior obtained from the continuous observation of your browsing habits, which allows you to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By deactivating cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. Disabling cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools menu Options. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user can at any time choose which cookies you want to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer.
In addition, you can also manage the cookie storage in your browser through tools such as the following
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy